WulfTheTeacher

Monday, April 03, 2006

A Line of Thunderstorms

Having just finished Bernoulli in my classes, my students were inappropriately excited about the possibility of tornadoes in our area tonight. (I'm going to crack the windows even if my parents think I'm nuts, because we just learned about it!) Of course, they are young and immortal, so they view storms with a different perspective than I, a homeowner and father of two. I will be spending this evening preparing a lesson on lightning (on my laptop) and hoping that the storms don't bring any damage to our area.

2 Comments:

  • that storm was awesome! i had to hide in a 7-11 gass station from the hail. and yes, we are immortail, but hail hurts like... like alot.
    hit me up on facebook, i have to ask you something.
    P.S. next time we go to chipotle, remind me to make fun of you for being a bloger

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:53 PM  

  • ugh. we've been dealing with those tornadoes lately. we had a rather serious one a couple weeks ago, so my students have gotten over that being immortal thing. several had houses destroyed, and many were without power for several days...they couldn't even get excited about the day they got off school because of everything going on with it.

    and you know it's serious when kids don't get excited about a surprise day off...

    By Blogger the anonymous teacher, at 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home