WulfTheTeacher

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year

It is amazing how little meaning January 1 has to me these days. My entire life, it has been a big deal. I was excited to stay up late as a school child. It was one of the wildest nights of the year in college. I lamented being on watch at midnight back in the navy.

But it means nothing to me as a teacher. My new year starts just after every Labor Day. My version of "resolutions" is something I ponder all summer, and enact every fall. Nothing special is enacted for me on the first of January. I hadn't really realized that until last night.

If 1 January is a big deal to you, then I really hope it went well for you, and heralds a great new year.

1 Comments:

  • When you reach this point, where "New Year's" comes in late August or early February, you are a teacher. (Sort of like Jeff Foxworthy's "You might be a redneck if . . ." series." Another sign of being a teacher has to do with bodily needs as a function of a bell schedule.

    By Blogger graycie, at 6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home