WulfTheTeacher

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Sabres Fall

My Buffalo Sabres fell tonight 4-1 to the Florida Panthers. Curses!

This ends a 13-game win-streak for goalie Martin Biron, and a 7-game win streak for the team. They are still in great shape overall, but what really burns me is this:

The Sabres, who were last beaten by San Jose 5-0 on Dec. 2, had also won nine consecutive road games, one short of the league record set by the Sabres in 1983-84 and matched by the St. Louis Blues in 2000 and the New Jersey Devils in 2001. Buffalo last lost on the road in Ottawa, 6-1, on Nov. 12. The loss to the Senators was Biron's last defeat.


Sigh. But that's okay - I love this sport, and I am just thrilled they are playing again, after last year's strike. And I love the Sabres, no matter how their season goes. To have them playing and doing this well is just icing on the big fat hockey cake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home