WulfTheTeacher

Friday, December 16, 2005

Wulf The Hockey Fan

My students are well aware of the fact that I am a huge hockey fan. Hockey is
1) the world's most excellent sport, and
2) a great way to demonstrate the laws of physics.

Thus we talk about it as often as I can get away with. Virginia is a southerly state, and my students who are not actually from here are not generally from hockey country.

Oh, and the Sabres are off to their best start since winning 20 of their first 29 games in 1979-80. I love them, and they didn't lose me over the strike.

(By the way, in 1979-80, Don Edwards and Bob Sauve won the Vezina and the Sabres won the Prince of Wales trophy. They lost to the famous 1980s Islanders in the postseason. More importanly, they played damned good hockey.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home