WulfTheTeacher

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Job Security

"Forced Out by Storm, Teachers Seek News of Job Openings, PayHost states relax hiring rules, while federal government mulls ‘highly qualified’ waivers."

Woooo - what a situation. Some people who have been displaced by Katrina are looking at starting over from scratch. What would draw me back to where I currently live, if all of Virginia were destroyed? Not a thing, I guess. I would quickly find myself living with family in another state (I've got a couple of options), and if I had to pick up a new job there, I think I would buy a house.

New Orleans will be struggling for years and years to replace their infrastructure and qualified public servants. A third of their police force is reported to have left the job, and that was a bad force to begin with. What a nightmare, all around.